Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Cloth Diapers

I'm a little overwhelmed today. I thought disposables could get confusing (Imagine me trying to figure out what a size 1-2 was, and why it didn't fit my son who by all manufacturer's websites should be in a size 2)

So I am taking the plunge. I want to TRY cloth diapers. This is not a complete conversion but a complete conversion is possible. Previously I didn't cloth diaper because my husband showed some apprehension on changing a cloth diaper and having to rinse it off. Today, I realized that I am the one that changes probably 90% or greater of his diapers. If I have to change him into a disposable once in a while for my husband to be comfortable watching him when I need to run out for a bit, that will still save us money. Also, I plan on keeping my beloved throw aways for over nights.

This is why I started to research. It looks like there are a wide variety of prices, types, styles and accessories to choose from. From what I have gathered, I will likely need the following:

- Wet Bag (for away from home)
- Some sort of diaper pail (Can I just use a 5 gallon bucket? No idea.)
- Diapers (duh)
- Inserts - If I pick Pocket Diapers. Exclude if you pick an AIO, or All in One
- DEFINITELY need a diaper sprayer. (Link to one I found on Amazon that won't break the bank)

I don't know if I am leaving anything out. I'm really very new at this. What are your favorite cloth diapers? What did you like about them? Where do you find the best deals on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment